Online Learning Resources for the National Career Readiness Certificate
✓Reading for Information ✓Applied Mathematics ✓ Locating Information
Sample Questions: http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/workforce-solutions/act-workkeys/test-preparation.html
- Find additional online resources at WorkSource Oregon Job Seeker Resources at: (www.worksourceoregon.org/job-seekers/additional-resources)
- LearningExpress Library accessed through Oregon CIS (www.oregoncis.uoregon.edu) includes WorkKeys®
Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, and Reading for Information Practice Tests 1 and 2; a web-based learning website that provides access to a collection of test preparation tools, skill-building materials, and career resources. LearningExpress Library has practice tests that will familiarize you with the content, format, and timing of WorkKeys® assessments and instant scoring.
1. Log into Oregon Career Information System (CIS) (www.oregoncis.uoregon.edu) with your personal username and password.
2. If you do not have a username and password, ask your local WorkSource Oregon Center staff for assistance.
3. Log into Oregon CIS, go to “My Portfolio”, and click “What other tools can I personalize?” and then
“College Admissions and Career Practice Tests & Guides”
4. The transition page to LearningExpress Library will appear, click “continue”.
5. From the “Welcome” page, go to “All Centers”, select “Career Center”, then” Resources” and select
“Prepare for the WorkKeys® Assessments and TOEIC®”.
6. Click “Prepare for WorkKeys® Assessments” then select the assessment you wish to practice.
- Core Skills Mastery (https://www.csmlearn.com) a free web-based adaptive course. CSM integrates math, literacy, and problem solving. The system also encourages users to think about their own learning patterns and progressively use their resources to make better learning decisions.
- OPB PBS LearningMedia (http://www.opb.pbslearningmedia.org) to access these Oregon Public Broadcasting resources you may have to create a free student account.
• Reading for Information (http://opb.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/gedread) This collection of resources helps learners understand and apply
information or instructions for employees. Click on a video, then support materials, then student handout.
• Locating Information (http://opb.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/gedinfo) This collection of resources helps learners locate information in
commonly used graphics. Click on a video, then support materials, then student handout.
• Applied Mathematics (http://opb.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/gedappm) Register receipts, spreadsheets, budgets, and the company’s bottom
line are just a few of the instances in which employees are required to use some math knowledge. This section covers the ability to apply
mathematical reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving techniques to work-related problems. Click on a video, then support materials,
then student handout.
- GCFLearnFree.org (http://www.gcflearnfree.org) Math Basics, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, timetables, and percent. Their basic
- Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org) A library of videos to help you learn what you want, when you want, at your own pace. Go to the Math section and select applied math.
- Applied Math Questions (http://www.aplusclick.com/appliedmath.htm) from A+ Click The applied math problems become more difficult as you go down the page. This site offers math and logic problems to develop logical reasoning and creative thinking. Practice makes perfect!
- Virtual Career Network (www.vcn.org) - Math Refresher. To help workers transition into Healthcare and Green Economy careers and other high growth industry sectors. Refresher courses are under the Career Tools tab and include Math Refresher, Computer Skills for the Workplace and Grammar
✓Reading for Information
- Reading & Annotating Texts, part of University of Delaware Roadway to Success Workshops. Free online workshops include goal setting, time management, note-taking, reading texts, studying strategies, and test taking. (http://www.udel.edu/AEC-workshop/read/index.html)
- Active Reading: Comprehension and Rate Video from Dartmouth College Academic Skills Center (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~acskills/videos/index.html) Learn techniques and strategies for improving academic learning. These four videotapes guide college and university students in getting the most
out of their academic experience.
- The Study Zone (web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/elc/studyzone) University of Victoria's English Language Centre English- language lessons and practice exercises are created by teachers at the ELC. Designed to support their adult English-language learners, all are welcome to read the lessons and use the exercises. Grammar Index Level 200 — Upper Beginner - These are the topics available for level 200. Grammar Reading Vocabulary Puzzles
websites or organizations, nor does Crater Lake Electrical JATC endorse other sites or organizations, their views, products or services. WorkSource Oregon is
an equal opportunity program/employer. The following services are available free of cost upon request: Auxiliary aids or services and alternate formats to
individuals with disabilities and language assistance to individuals with limited English proficiency. To request these services contact your nearest